This is a list of things that should help me be a better publisher and reach my goal of having a second successful Kickstarter. It could also give you some ideas on things to do if you need any goals!
- Blog more! I have learned a ton over the past year and I should try to pass those learnings on to others. It should also get me more focused and help me become a better writer.
- Finally figure out BGG. I have an account and use it very sparingly, but it’s supposed to be a great resource and it should help me keep track of all the games I’ve played and want to get.
- Play more games! I have unplayed games from my birthday (July), GenCon, even from before 2016! I really need to try out everything and see what’s out there. Plus, playing games is probably my favorite thing, so I should make sure to do it often.
- Create a playtesting group. When I was going around to convention last year, I got a list of people in the area that want to participate in playtesting, so I just need to set it up and make it happen. It’ll make getting games playtested so much easier!
- Relax more! In 2016, I was getting stressed about not meeting all the deadlines I wanted to meet, but game design should be more about fun and less about meeting arbitrary deadlines. I’ll make games and they’ll get finished eventually, but adding stress probably only set my projects back.
I’m trying to keep my goals reasonable, so I only have the five goals. (for publishing, at least! I have other personal and work related, since I basically always have to be working towards something.)
What kinds of goals do you have for the new year? If you’re working towards designing or publishing a game, do you already do any of those things?